Ubiquiti Networks launches the latest generation of airMAX® CPE (Customer Premises Equipment), the PowerBeam™ ac.
Improved Noise Immunity
The PowerBeam ac directs RF energy in a tighter beamwidth. With the focus in one direction, the PowerBeam ac blocks or spatially filters out noise, so noise immunity is improved. This feature is especially important in an area crowded with other RF signals of the same or similar frequency.
Ubiquiti’s InnerFeed™ technology integrates the radio into the feedhorn of an antenna, so there is no need for a cable. This improves performance because it eliminates cable losses.
Featuring high performance and innovative mechanical design, the PowerBeam ac is versatile and cost‑effective to deploy.
Sporting an all-new design for improved usability, airOS® v7 is the revolutionary operating system for Ubiquiti® airMAX ac products.
Powerful Wireless Features
• airMAX ac Protocol Support
• Long-Range Point-to-Point (PtP) Link Mode
• Selectable Channel Width
• PtP: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
• PtMP: 10/20/30/40 MHz
• Automatic Channel Selection
• Transmit Power Control: Automatic/Manual
• Automatic Distance Selection (ACK Timing)
• Strongest WPA2 Security Usability Enhancements
• Dynamic Configuration Changes*
• Instant Input Validation
• HTML5 Technology
• Optimization for Mobile Devices
• Detailed Device Statistics
• Comprehensive Array of Diagnostic Tools, including Ethernet Cabling Test, RF Diagnostics, and airView® Spectrum Analyzer
* airControl™ does not work with airMAX ac products
Advanced RF Analytics
airMAX ac devices feature a multi‑radio architecture to power a revolutionary RF analytics engine.
An independent processor on the PCBA powers a second, dedicated radio, which persistently analyzes the full 5 GHz spectrum and every received symbol to provide you with the most advanced RF analytics in the industry.
Data from the spectrum analysis and RF performance monitoring is displayed on the Main tab and airView Spectrum Analyzer of airOS V7.
The Main tab displays the following RF information:
• Persistent RF Error Vector Magnitude (EVM) constellation diagrams
• Carrier to Interference-plus-Noise Ratio (CINR) histograms
• Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR) time series plots
airView allows you to identify noise signatures and plan your networks to minimize noise interference. airView performs the following functions:
• Constantly monitors environmental noise
• Collects energy data points in real‑time spectral views
• Helps optimize channel selection, network design, and wireless performance
airView runs in the background without disabling the wireless link, so there is no disruption to the network.
In airView, there are three spectral views, each of which represents different data.
• Waterfall Aggregate energy collected for each frequency
• Waveform Aggregate energy collected
• Ambient Noise Level Background noise energy shown as a function of frequency
Available with a firmware upgrade to airOS v7.1, airView provides powerful spectrum analyzer functionality, eliminating the need to rent or purchase additional equipment for conducting site surveys.
airMAX Technology Included
Unlike standard Wi-Fi protocol, Ubiquiti’s Time Division Multiple Access (TDMA) airMAX protocol allows each client to send and receive data using pre-designated time slots scheduled by an intelligent AP controller.
This time slot method eliminates hidden node collisions and maximizes airtime efficiency, so airMAX technology provides performance improvements in latency, noise immunity, scalability, and throughput compared to other outdoor systems in its class.
Intelligent QoS Priority assigned to voice/video for seamless streaming.
Scalability High capacity and scalability.
Long Distance Capable of high‑speed, carrier-class links.
The next-generation airMAX ac technology boosts the advantages of our proprietary TDMA protocol.
Ubiquiti’s airMAX engine with custom IC dramatically improves TDMA latency and network scalability. The custom silicon provides hardware acceleration capabilities to the airMAX scheduler, to support the high data rates and dense modulation used in airMAX ac technology.
airMAX ac supports high data rates, which require dense modulation:
256QAM – a significant increase from
64QAM, which is used in airMAX.
With their use of proprietary airMAX ac technology, airMAX ac products supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput – up to triple the throughput of standard airMAX products.
Innovative Mechanical Design
• Built-in mechanical tilt The mounting bracket of the PBE-5AC-500 offers 20° of uptilt and 10° of downtilt, while the mounting bracket of the PBE-5AC-620 offers ± 15° of tilt.
• Convenient pole-mounting Only a single wrench is needed to mount the PowerBeam ac on a pole.
• Easy removal The antenna feed can be detached with the push of a button.
• Fasteners GEOMET-coated for improved corrosion resistance when compared with zinc-plated fasteners.
• Dish and brackets Made of galvanized steel that is powder‑coated for superior corrosion resistance.
The pole bracket design prevents paint from being removed from the metal brackets for improved corrosion resistance.
• Protective radome (PBE-5AC-500 only) Shields the radio from the elements.
Using airMAX ac technology, the PowerBeam ac supports up to 450+ Mbps real TCP/IP throughput. Available in two models, the PowerBeam ac launches with PtP functionality, and a client mode feature will be added with a future firmware upgrade.
|PBE-5AC-500||5 GHz||27 dBi||500 mm|
|PBE-5AC-620||5 GHz||29 dBi||620 mm|
|System and Regulatory/Compliance|
|Processor Specs||Atheros MIPS 74Kc, 720 MHz|
|Memory||128 MB DDR2, 8 MB Flash|
|Networking Interface||(1) 10/100/1000 Ethernet Port|
|Wireless Approvals||FCC, IC, CE|
|Dimensions||620 x 620 x 386 mm|
|Power Supply||24V, 0.5A Gigabit PoE|
|Power Method||Passive PoE (Pairs 4, 5+; 7, 8 Return)|
|Max. Power Consumption||8.5W|
|Operating Frequency||5150 - 5875 MHz|
|Wind Loading||872 N @200 km/h|
|Wind Survivability||200 km/h|
|LEDs||(1) Power, (1) LAN, (4) WLAN|
|Signal Strength LEDs||Software-Adjustable to Correspond to Custom RSSI Levels|
|Channel Sizes||PtP Mode: 10/20/30/40/50/60/80 MHz
PtMP Mode: 10/20/30/40 MHz
|Enclosure||Outdoor UV Stabilized Plastic|
|Mounting||Pole-Mount Kit Included|
|ESD/EMP Protection||Air: ± 24 kV,
Contact: ± 24 kV
|Operating Temperature||-40 to 70° C|
|Operating Humidity||5 to 95% Non-Condensing|
|Salt Fog Test||IEC 68-2-11 (ASTM B117),
Equivalent: MIL-STD-810 G Method 509.5
|Vibration Test||IEC 68-2-6|
|Temperature Shock Test||IEC 68-2-14|
|UV Test||IEC 68-2-5 at 40° C (104° F),
Equivalent: ETS 300 019-1-4
|Wind-Driven Rain Test||ETS 300 019-1-4,
Equivalent: MIL-STD-810 G Method 506.5
|Built-In Mechanical Downtilt||+15° to -15°|
Βάσει της ισχύουσας Ελληνικής Νομοθεσίας και των όσων προβλέπει το Π.Δ. 44/2002 το προϊόν αυτό διαθέτει σήμα συμμόρφωσης CE. Η νόμιμη χρήση στη ζώνη συχνοτήτων 2400 – 2483,5 MHz, προβλέπει μέγιστη ισχύ εκπομπής τα 100 mW , στη ζώνη συχνοτήτων 5470 – 5725 MHz, προβλέπει μέγιστη ισχύ εκπομπής το 1W(η χρήση περιορίζεται σε εξωτερικό χώρο) και στη ζώνη συχνοτήτων 5150 – 5250MHz και 5250 – 5350MHz, προβλέπει μέγιστη ισχύ εκπομπής τα 200 mW (η χρήση περιορίζεται σε εσωτερικό χώρο).
Στις παραπάνω ισχύες συνυπολογίζεται το κέρδος της κεραίας και η ισχύς εξόδου του πομπού.
Αρμόδια αρχή για την εποπτεία του φάσματος είναι η E.E.T.T.